Sometimes I feel the urge to write a simple, fluffy list post, and who am I to resist an urge?
For your enjoyment (or, maybe just for mine), here are 10 finds and bits of life that I’m loving right now. If you’re in the mood to blog, grab this idea and post a list of your own. Be sure to let me know in the comments, if you do!
1. Coffee — I’ve never been much of a coffee drinker, until recently. We finally got a Keurig, and I’ve been drinking a lot of coffee. Maybe it will replace my Diet Coke habit? Not sure about that, yet. Photo copyright OiMax.
2. Blue skies — The worst part of an Ohio winter is the never-ceasing grey sky. While it’s chilly outside right now, I’m thankful for the brilliant blue sky. It makes all the difference.
3. Anson Mount as Cullen Bohannon — Breaking Bad came to a close this summer, and after I cried a million tears, I binge-watched seasons 1 and 2 of AMC’s Hell on Wheels.
I fell in love with the show and with Anson Mount’s character, Cullen Bohannon. Seasons 1 and 2 are really wonderful and they are available on Netflix.
Oddly, Hell on Wheels writers left me feeling cold and alone with some bizarre character transformations and a somewhat fragmented storyline in season 3, but, I’m still on board should they bring the show back for season 4—mostly because, yeah… yeah.
4. Twitter — This month, I celebrated my seventh year on Twitter as @Crissy.
I’ve sort of hated Twitter for the past few years, but I’m beginning to rediscover my love of short, interesting exchanges. FYI, this is what Twitter looked like when I joined on November 2nd, 2006.
5. Kiersten Holine’s cover of Only Son of the Ladies Man — I stumbled upon this cover of one of my favorite Father John Misty songs and I think it’s beautiful. Check out Kiersten on Twitter @kierstenmh.
6. Sleep — Because I’m finally getting some. Knock on wood.
7. This quote — “The greatest thing in the world is to know how to belong to oneself.” — Michel de Montaigne (Click to Tweet.)
8. Jenn and Tim Tracker — If you paid me, I couldn’t tell you how I ended up on TheTimTracker’s YouTube channel, but, it happened.
What I’ve realized about myself, recently, is that I just enjoy watching people just being people. I love personal vlogs, especially when they feature folks who address the audience in an effortless manner, and who show glimpses of their average, down-to-earth lives.
Congratulations on becoming first time homeowners, Tim and Jenn. I care, because apparently, because I am an internet creeper.
9. Winter clothes — By the time fall rolls around, I’m usually pretty anxious to reprise my winter wardrobe. Three cheers for sweaters and showing as little skin as possible!
10. Christmas music — I’m one of those people who likes to start listening to Christmas music around Halloween. Of course, someone always interjects that it’s TOO SOON when I admit this little tidbit. It’s sort of a pet peeve of mine to be told I’m getting in the spirit too early. Christmas music and the holiday season make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. DO NOT DENY ME WARM AND FUZZY, PEOPLE.
So, what are you loving right now? Leave a comment letting me know, or, blog your list and link-up below!